Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cmas Card Challenge - April - Nativity

Coming up with nativity images was a challenge. I have a small stamp of baby Jesus with a lamb. I think that the Holy Family, Bethlehem, wiseman, shepherds and nativity images would fit. I wondered "Where can I find these images?" I decided to recycle Christmas cards. I browsed through my collection and selected a few nativity related images.

Silhouettes - I used a QuicKutz die for the stable & holy family. I layered gold paper onto a red card then mounted the die cut on it. I added glitter to the star. On the blue one, I placed a layer of vellum stamped and glittered in the sky. I stamped the sentiment in black and embossed it with black detail powder.

Recycled cards - The orange card was stamped with a border stamp all around the edge. I cut the central image of hills, camels and Bethlehem from the old card and just glued it on. The young shepherd was cut from the old card then I punched the corners with a decorative punch. I took the back of the card and cut it a bit larger than the first and rounded the corners. The greeting was stamped onto a piece of the inside of the old card. It was great because all the pieces coordinated.
Recycled Cards 6 Silhouettes 2 = 8
Total Christmas cards: 20

Charmaine's Card http://tweedcurtain.blogspot.com/2010/04/nativity.html

3 comments:

  1. Sylvia, I actually managed to play along this month - but have only made one card. Am going to try and ctach up with your challenges, but don't have any gingerbread stamps so may need to be creative with the March theme! You can see my Nativity card here: http://tweedcurtain.blogspot.com/2010/04/nativity.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmaine,
    Thanks for participating. I've put your link into the post. I look forward to seeing more of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sylvia,

    Hey! I have finally made some card for your nativity challenge. You can check them out here:

    http://tmalakart.blogspot.com/2010/07/christmas-card-challenges-nativity.html

    Thanks for the challenge!!

    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.