Saturday, April 10, 2010

Card - Exchange

I created these cards for my CC Exchange group. I designed the globe template then cut it out of white cardstock. Then I cut a 4" circle with my CM cutter then a decorative layer one size smaller. The black base was trimmed a smidge bigger than the template. Then I embossed it with a stripe CB Embossing folder and glue it to the card.

Left: The 4" circle is gold cardstock. The japanese paper has gold and geometric design. I punched some leaves in colors found in the paper and glued them on the base. I added a gold star brad just off centre.

Right: The 4" circle is pink foil paper and the next layer is a floral giftwrap. I added a StUp! Five petal punch then added StUp! Lattice die holes of pink foil and placed a pink rivet in the centre. I trimmed the circle to even with the top of the base then tied a coordinating ribbon on the join.

The inspiration for this card came from the Go to Sketches Paper Crafts magazine I recently purchased. It contains sketches from 6 designers. Each chapter contains the sketch and several cards based on it. It is very good magazine. Check it out at your local craft store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.