Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cmas Card Challenge - Aug - Winter

I did change the category from Snowmen to Winter because I separated snowflakes from all the other winter images. This category includes snowmen, mittens, hot chocolate, sleds, ice skates, skiing, and a whole lot more. What will you use? Post your card link in a comment.

I started with a royal blue card. I ripped white cardstock for the snowbank, chalked it with a bit of blue, stamped the Pomegranate greeting and glued it to the bottom of the card. I stamped falling snow with White Craft Ink and embossed them with clear powder then added a few more with only white ink. The snowman is cut with the Cricut - Joy of the Season. I cut off his boots and hat. I used markers to color scarf, arms, broom, eyes and coal on his belly. I put a bit of orange cardstock under his head for his nose. I used a Zot to hold the red confetti star in the top right corner.



I made 5 of these.




Total Christmas Cards: 77

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sylvia. Here's mine:
    http://tweedcurtain.blogspot.com/2010/08/wmsc8-august-christmas-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia,

    Hey! Managed a winter themed card. Check it out here:

    http://tmalakart.blogspot.com/2010/08/christmas-cards-challenges.html

    See you tomorrow!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.