Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cards - Christmas

While working through some ideas for my Christmas Stack Classes I designed this card. I started with a deep forest green cardstock with a felt finish. I embossed the left side with a Cuttlebug folder. I added wide burgundy smooth ribbon with gold edges. This was a top fold card to allow me to emboss it the way I wanted so the ribbon was pulled through a slit in the fold at the top and taped down on the inside. I cut the JOY greeting from gold decorative paper with my Sizzix Shadow Box dies. Glued the letters down with DS tape. I added a bit of DS tape beneath the ribbon as well to give the whole accent some stability. The embossing folder affected the texture of the card stock it would have been better to use a smooth cardstock. I found sticking the letters to the ribbon was not the best idea. On my final sample I addressed some of those issues. I used smooth cardstock, decorative paper on the right hand side and a narrow ribbon as a transition from the embossing to the paper and letters. Now the letters were being glued to paper which work much better. I selected the cardstock based on the decorative paper. I have made some red and some green. It's a brigther card which I like. Now I need a few people to sign up! Check out my website by following the link on the right handside of this blog. or there's the address: www.itsmysite.com/smdgreetings

1 comment:

  1. Sylvia,

    Hey!! Can you provide the link to where a person can sign up for the Christmas card class!!

    Great looking card!

    Good luck tonight!!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.