Monday, July 25, 2011

Card - Birthday

This a large card. I started with an 8.5x11 folded in half then trimmed it to the envelope size. I chose a turquoise card based on the colors in the decorative paper. The background paper is tissue paper ironed to freezer paper. I selected the flower colors based on the background paper - purple and pink. I cut the flowers with my spellbinder Sunflower die as well as the centre. I mounted the centre with 3D glue dots. I added the large gold brad in the upper right hand corner and small ones in the other three corners. I put a pink Happy Birthday on the insert.

Freezer paper is the brown paper used by butchers. The plastic coating provides a barrier to air and moisture to protect the quality, flavor and nutrition of foods during freezing. Reynolds sells it in white on a roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.