Monday, September 26, 2011

Card Club - Purple/Chocolate

I started with designer paper and found pea green card stock to match.  I cut the designer paper to 5.25x4.00" piece then I ripped it twice removing a piece to allow the card color to show through. These pieces were glued to the card front.  I placed slit in the border, pulled the super soft ribbon through and tied it in a knot on the card front. Trimmed the ribbon ends.  After checking my collection of card stock I determined I did not have the right color so I created the purple paper for the flower.  I used acrylic paint on white card stock applied with a foam brush.  Once dry, it was die cut into flowers with a Sizzix die.  I then brushed the flower with Burnt Umber (dark brown) acrylic paint using a dry brush technique.  I punched a 1.25"circle in chocolate then a 1" taupe circle and added a purple button with dark brown crochet cotton thread.  A Zot holds the button in place. This accent was glued over the ripped area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.