Monday, January 23, 2012

Card Club - Ivory Velvet Flower

I started with a cream card.  I added a layer of diamond/script designer paper.  I wrapped a length of ivory organza ribbon around the DP and taped the ends to the back.  I glued this full layer to the card front.  I layered the ivory velvet flower with a small toned down silk flower together.  I placed a hole in the through all the layers of the card front with a push pin.  I then held this flower accent in place with a gold brad.  The prongs are spread on the inside of the card.   This is my nod for Valentine's Day.  I added a heart cut from smooth POW gold glitter paper.  I used a punch on this one.  For those in class I cut them with a Sizzix die.
Tip: I soaked the small silk flowers in a mixture of tea to cut the whiteness of the flowers which worked better with this color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.