Monday, February 27, 2012

Card Club - Feb - Bird Cage

I started with a nice soft dusty purple textured card. I layered a piece of decorative paper over the card front. I cut a Tim Holtz bird cage in royal blue.  I cut the turquoise bird with the same die and added a white wing. I cut the legs and part of the body from a brown card stock and then cut the legs from the turquoise bird and layered it over the brown. I used a marker to create the beak and eye of the bird.  I created the tag with the MS Daisy border punch and stamped a butterfly in Tempting Turquoise on it. Check out how to make the tag here. I placed the white thread in the hole at the top of the cage and added the small tag then pulled the tails through the loop. I mounted the cage to the card with 3D foam tape.  I flipped the thread ends over the inside of the card and taped them down.  I glued the bird to cage using the branch to hide the holes at the bottom of the cage.  I placed a large white and a small blue silk flower to the left of the cage and held those in place with a turquoise brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.