Monday, February 20, 2012

Guest Book

I was asked to design a guest book for an upcoming special 10th anniversary event.  She wanted something nicer than one you can purchase at a retail store, one where photos of the anniversary could be placed and one with a place for a photo on the cover.
After a bit of research I decided on a 8x8" scrapbook.  I found a black leather look one. She selected a black and white stripped ribbon which would add a bit of a focal point to the front cover. I diecut a red ribbon slider with a Spellbinder die.  To it, I added a white paper flower and a metal medallion and held it all in place with a tiny black brad. Once it was strung onto the ribbon I just knotted the ribbon onto the album placing the knot to the inside.
Then I went looking for paper for the pages.  I tested the weight of many sheets of paper.  I looked at drawing paper, watercolor paper, and sketch paper.  I needed 10 sheets for the actual signatures and greetings then a few pages in the front for "then and now" photos.  I settled on a pad of white 90lb watercolor paper with 15 pages.  I determined that the sheets should be 8"Tx9.25"W based on the page protectors I had removed from the album. I cut the paper down to 8.5 x 11 so I could put them through my printer.  Then I designed the pages on the computer and printed them in black.  The sheets were then was cut down to the correct size.  I punched the holes in the pages on the left hand side based on the spacer that came with the album. She had asked to have a bit of accent added to the pages.  Based on the red on the front I stamped a small flower on the left hand corner of the pages and added a small swirl on the bottom right hand side in Real Red.  The album has a sleeve at the back for a CD so that photos from the event can be stored for history's sake.  She will find a photo which is just right for the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.