Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cmas Card Challenge - March - Star

My Christmas Card Challenge theme this month is Star.  I chose a Bethlehem star.  There are many options for stars: Bethlehem, one, many, night sky, layered, 6 point, 5 point, primitive, traditional, die cut, stamped, watercolored. What comes to mind for you?

I started with the glitter star background from American Crafts which does not shed glitter.  It was on sale because it is rolling and not very attractive from a retail point of view.  I brought a sheet home because I wanted a starry background for my QuicKutz  Nativity die.  I found some navy card stock that matched the blue in the glitter paper.  The glitter paper was cut to 4"x5.25".  I tried several colors of nativity before I settled on a white one.  This die is a 12" cookie cutter one and I cut a piece of white 5.25" wide then placed in along the die to get the manger scene.  It was great because I managed to get the shepherd as well. The die has a star on the stable but I wanted something bigger so I cut it off and replaced it.  I chose a Sizzix star die to cut the central star.  I selected some thin glitter paper but it needed some stiffness to allow it to be raised from the card with 3D foam tape.  I glued it to white card stock which I pressed for a while to ensure good adhesion before diecutting. I applied narrow strips of 3D foam tape to the points of the stars as well a square in the center then aligned it with peak of the stable. Very happy with these cards.  I made 6 of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.