Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cmas Card Challenge - May - Metal Accents

The challenge this month is Metal Accents.  I thought about this for a while.  I came up with embossed metal foil accent.
I used sticky foil tape which I pressed to a piece of thin white card stock.  This was embossed with one of the folders from the Cuttlebug Cricut Companion Embossing Folder Give a Hoot Bundle.  I trimmed the metal to the embossed edge. Then I mounted it on hunter green card stock.
I started with a hunter green card onto which I stamped snow with the Stampin Up! Itty Bitty Backgrounds with white Craft ink.  I ripped a piece white card stock from corner to corner and I placed one piece on the card front.  I then placed a length of Handsome Hunter gross grain ribbon across the card front and taped the ends to the inside. I knotted a short piece along the length and trimmed the ends.  I stamped the greeting with a clear stamp in Handsome Hunter.  Then, I mounted the metal embossed tree accent I put together earlier onto the card front with 3D foam tape.  I'm happy with these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.