Friday, June 1, 2012

Thanks - Chocolate


I made this card for my card exchange group.  I started with chocolate brown card which I spritzed with white pearly.  Does not show up well, maybe that is why it was on sale at a good price.  I cut a 12" scallop border with a Sizzix Decorative Strip Die - Scallops Giant sizzlet border die with Designer paper.  I cut two lengths so I could align the lines on the paper.  Once aligned I taped them together on the back.  This was then adhered to the card centering the scallop accent then I trimmed them off at the card edges. I added a white satin ribbon over the join between the two scallop elements and taped the ends inside the card.  I then knotted a shorter piece of ribbon onto the longer piece and trimmed the ends.  I cut the greeting with a Memory Box thin die in white.  I used snail adhesive to attach it to the card.  I find this adhesive easily rolls off the areas that are not behind the die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.