Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Card - Challenge - Non Traditional Colors

I made this card for Holly Jolly's weekly challenge which is non-traditional colors.
I used cut offs from this card which was my blog Christmas Card for July - Angels.  I made the tree with the scraps from the angel's dress.  I mounted the 2 small triangles of this great Designer Paper from Webster Pages onto dark brown card stock and trimmed leaving a border all the way around.  I added a very small triangle at the bottom for a trunk. I needed a background and I decided to emphasize the star theme so I selected a star background but not a traditional Christmas one.  I chose gold card stock and embossed it with the Cuttlebug star embossing folder. I mounted that to my ivory card. I die cut a star from the ivory card stock with Sizzix die and held it in place with a gold glitter star brad. (recent purchase at Michaels). I added a SU! Tab punch in the dark brown folded in half over the gold layer on the right hand side.  I stamped my greeting in Chocolate Chip on the same ivory card stock and punched it with the SU Word Window punch. I mounted it with 3D foam across the tab punchie.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this! The DP is so pretty, and the Stars EF is perfect for the BG! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Holly Jolly!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I would never have thought to use these colours on a Christmas card but your card looks fantastic. Love the main Christmas tree paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Holly Jolly. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card once again Sylvia, Thanks again for joining our challenge and good luck
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Love the colors you chose. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.