Thursday, September 13, 2012

Card - Burgundy & Navy - New Job

I made this card for a friend who is moving to a new job!  It's exciting for her and sad for me because I will see her less often.
I started with a burgundy card which is top folded.  I embossed a piece of white card stock with SU Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder then trimmed it to leave a border.  I wrapped a piece of navy seam binding across and taped the ends to the back and adhered it to the card front.  I designed the greeting with a butterfly to signify the possibilities which are coming for her.  I color printed the sentiment on white and cut it with one of the SB Smooth Oval Nestabilities dies.  I cut a piece of the same burgundy card stock with the matching SB Scallop Oval die.  I layered these and then mounted the element to the card front over the seam binding with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.