Monday, October 1, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge - Oct - Navy Red and Silver

October is a color challenge - Navy Red and Silver.  I wanted to use my newly acquired SU! Ornament stamp set.  The Joy one is my favorite.  I stamped it in Versamark and embossed in silver.  I punched it out and place a small hole in the hanger with a 1/16" punch.  I pulled through a length of crochet cotton to create the hanger.  I wanted to repeat the swirls in the ornament so I embossed the silver top layer with the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder.  I punched the bottom of the layer with the SU! Eyelet border punch.  I selected some red Designer Paper for bottom portion of the card. I taped the ornament string to the red before adhering the silver embossed layer.  Once the silver was adhered I wrapped a length of white 1/4" gross grain ribbon across and taped the ends to the back of that layer.  This was then all glued to the navy card front.  I left my ornament hanging loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.