Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cards - Birthday in Greens

I created these cards for a friend who has a family member who celebrates a birthday on March 17 - St. Patrick's Day.   I made some for her a while back. Check it out.
Left: The card is Certainly Celery with double sided designer paper by Stampin Up!  It was cut 1/3 to 2/3 and the top piece was flipped over.  I color printed the greeting in CC on Very Vanilla and cut it with a Spellbinder Ribbon Slider thin die.  I placed it onto a piece of CC ribbon which was placed over the join of the 2 piece of DSP.  The ribbon is pulled through a slit in the card fold and taped to the inside.  I added a large silk flower and dyed a smaller one with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress Ink. They are held in place with a vanilla brad.
Right: I selected a dark green textured card stock.  I selected some green DP by Basic Grey - porcelain arabella.  I color printed the greeting and punched it out with the SU! Decorative Label punch.  I punched another from the green cardstock. I cut it in half and mounted the halves top and bottom of the punchie. I added a coordinating gross grain ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.