Monday, April 29, 2013

Card - Textiles Experiment

This is my first attempt at a card for my May Christmas Card Challenge - Textiles.  The shimmery, sheer material is stuff I bought a Dollarama on a roll.  It is quite stiff so proved a challenge to use. I chose an ivory card and stamped greeting in red in the bottom right hand corner.  I laid a strip of double sided tape across the card and pressed the organza material onto it as I made folds in it.  I then selected this red felt border which I laid over the folds I had made.  I punched 3 MS Snowflake punchies from ivory shimmery card stock and placed them along the border and held them in place with red brads.  I added 2 red brads in the most left and right holes to keep the felt securely in place.  I don't think I will make more.  I will move on with the red felt border and see what else I can create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.