Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Challenge - Lace

I made this card for the challenge at Weekly Christmas Card Challenges which was to use lace on the card.  I started with a white card onto which I adhered a piece of green paste paper I made a long time ago. I added a white & red color printed greeting I found in my stash, trimmed it to fit and stuck it down.  I decided to use this red self adhesive lace below the greeting but I had to decide what else was going on first.  I cut a Cuttlebug ornament from red card stock then embossed it with the matching folder.  I cut a hanger with the die again and glued that over the red.  I brushed the embossing with a black ink pad.  I hung the ornament with a gold ribbon which was pulled behind the greeting.  I added a bit of gold and ivory organza ribbon across the ornament then added 2 gold sequins held in place with black brads. Then the ornament was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.  Once that was done I added the red lace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.