Saturday, June 1, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge - June - Candles

Here's my card for my June Christmas Card Challenge.  The subject was candles.  I looked at stamped, diecut and then chose press embossed.  I used a embossing folder from  Craft Concepts - Holly Night.  I used white card stock onto which I chalked color.  I used a blue green color for the candles with a lighter shade on the body of the candle and a darker on the dripping wax.  A combination of yellow and orange on the flame and the traditional red and green on the holly.  What I like about chalk it gives you a watercolor feel and ability to blend colors.  I sprayed my layer with retouchable fixative because I could not handle the piece with out spreading color to the white areas.  I added an oval greeting in the top right hand corner cut with an oval SB Nestabililties and I smudged the edge with the darker tone in the blue green chalk.  I mounted it with 3D Foam tape. 
We are halfway through the year. Are you halfway to the number of cards you need?    I'm so glad I started doing a few every month instead of cramming the 100 or so I needed in early November when there a ton of other things that need to be done.  Have you started your Christmas cards?  Today is a great day to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.