Saturday, June 22, 2013

Christmas Stack Class - Candle

I put black, blue, green and burgundy cards in this set.  The cream script background with a flocked bow came from a set of note cards I bought a while back.  To create the candle I embossed some pearl card stock. The embossing folders I used are the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl and Season's Greetings.  I backed the rectangle with a piece of card stock which matched the card color leaving a tiny border.  To get the candle behind the bow I made a slit just along the top edge with an e-xacto knife.  Then I slipped the end of the candle through the slit. Now, I know where the flame needs to go. The outside frame is adhered first then the yellow center is glued in the middle of the frame  The flame is created with a QuicKutz die. I washed some of the same pearl card stock with yellow liquid acrylic paint.  Now I positioned the candle to overlap the wick.  I adhered the candle in place and taped the end through the slit to the back of the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.