Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Card - Challenge - Christmas Outdoors and Embossing

I started with the embossed church which I did with the Crafts Too - Winter Village folder on white card stock.  I then used the Tim Holtz Distress Stain Tumbled Glass and rubbed it lightly over the embossed parts. I felt it needed a bit more definition so I added some black chalk over the edges.  I layered this onto a black layer leaving a small border.  Then layered onto a light grey card.  I added a very sparkly snowflake which contrasts well with the matte look of the embossing.  I got the snowflake from a fellow card maker so I don't know the maker.  I stamped the Stampin Up! greeting on white with Tempting Turquoise ink, I think it matched the Tumbled Glass pretty well. I then embossed that piece and ripped it along the snow bank line.  This layer was added to the card front with 3D foam tape. 
I made this card for a couple of challenges. Holly Jolly Christmas Outdoors and Sparkles Embossing.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the softness and elegance of it! Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Challenge! ~Karen N, CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.