Monday, July 1, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge - July - Shaped Card

The theme for my Christmas Card Challenge this month is to make a shaped card.  Any shape will do! Mitten, Oval, Tree, Triangle, Bell, Star, Top Note, Heart, Ornament and many more! Pick your favorite. 
I chose ornament. I selected the largest nestie from the Spellbinder 2011Heirloom Ornament set.  I folded my red card in half as usual.  Then I placed the die with the bottom tip of the ornament right next to the open side of the card and the fold was on the hanger at the top and ran it through the Big Shot.  I then cut a silver SB Scallop Oval, then a dark green SB Smooth Oval.  I found my vintage poinsettia at Graphics Fairy.  I sized it to fit the next size of SB Smooth Oval, printed and cut it.  I wrapped a silver ribbon around the front layer at the top, tied a bow and trimmed the ends.  I cut a Cuttlebug tag and stamped my greeting in Handsome Hunter and rubbed the edges with Real Red and Handsome Hunter.  The tag is held in place with a brushed silver brad.
It's the half way point in the year and I have 70 cards made.  I'm happy with my progress which is over half way to where I want to be November 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.