Saturday, January 11, 2014

Challenge - Star Card

I made this card for one of my groups. The challenge was a resolution for your crafting this year.  I have some many that it's hard to pick. Add variety to the standard sized cards I usually make. 
I started with the tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers. The card was a bit harder than I expected because your measuring has to be right on.  I started with a 8.5" equilateral triangle of designer paper. You then have to fold each point to the center at 4.25" of the opposite side. That was pretty easy.  The next one is trickier because you want to fold just enough to have the fold join in the middle.  It was about 1/3 of the remaining flap.  I added a piece of white in the inside for my message.  To decorate the front I cut a white scallop with my Spellbinder nestabilities then cut the corresponding smooth circle from an aqua paper.  I mounted a green and then red Stampin Up! Five petal punchie with a small white five petal punchie.  I put a aqua blue tiny brad in the center which holes all but the white layer.  This was then adhered to the white layer.  This accent was only adhered to one of the flaps to allow the card to still open. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia this is a such a fun card. Thanks for sharing! Yours turned to so beautifully! I must book mark the tutorial and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.