Monday, January 6, 2014

Gift Card Holder - Black & White Hearts

This is a wedding gift card holder.  I started with a piece of 5.5" x 12" piece of card stock.  I scored it at 3.5", 6", then 8.5" from each end.  I placed the 2.5" mountain fold in the center which fills the middle of the card.  This fold is glued together at the edges on the 3 open sides.  This will hold the gift card so put adhesive only along the outer edges. I then used the Stampin Up! word window punch to create a slit along the fold.  It takes almost 2 lengths of the punch to make the slit wide enough for a gift card which is usually 3.5" wide.  I used the SU! Tab punch to create the part circle dip below the slit.  This will allow the recipient to easily pull out the gift card.  I placed 2 pieces of white bond measuring 5.25"x 2.87" on the front flap and back flap which give the giver a place to write their sentiments to the one receiving the gift.  I used the SU! Slot punch to create the holes in the centre edge where the ribbon holding the holder closed is slipped through and knotted.  A knot is better than a bow because I find most people will avoid a bow every time. The finished size is 5.5" tall by 3.5" wide and fits in a standard A2 envelope.

For the front: I cut a piece of black and white DP which says Congratulations over and over.  I punched 2 hearts, one from pearl white and one from silver.  I embossed the white a bit.  I added piece of white 1/8" satin ribbon across the width of the designer paper then adhered it to the card front.  I adhered the hearts to the card with 3D foam tape. I added an embossed SU! Modern label punchie in the pearl white also raised with 3D foam tape. I cut 3 lengths of satin ribbon - silver, white and black with silver edges, pulled them through both slots and knotted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.