Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Tea Cup Box

Here's my first tea cup box.  I cut the tea cup with the Cricut with the Folk Art Festival cartridge.  I cut a front and then turned the paper around and cut the back one.  I then cut the box piece from the same card stock.  Scored the tabs and glued the box between the tea cup die cuts. I found some silk flowers that would work with the colors of the cup. I mounted them to the front with a gold brad.  I added a Stampin Up! Modern Label punchie with the greeting with 3D foam tape. I added a half doily on each side. Put in a bit of tissue paper and some tea bags.

It would make a great favor for a Mother's Day tea, Spring tea in different colors of course.  If giving a tea related gift it would very appropriate.  I'm really happy how it's turned out.

How to fill it:
12 individually wrapped tea bags
a bag of loose tea with a tea ball
a gift card
oasis with a flower or two
a baby knitted item

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!! How many tea bags will it hold??

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The box will hold 12 individually wrapped tea bags!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.