Monday, February 24, 2014

Card Club - Feb - Bee and Flower

This card is quite simple.  I cut the Sizzix Tim Holtz Cameo frame from warm mottled green background card stock.  I added it to a warm deep yellow card. I then layered a large yellow silk flower then an orange one then a medium yellow with a small orange one. I layered the large one onto the card to align the hole made with a push pin.
I placed the small to the largest on the large yellow brad and then put the brad through the hole.  Pressed apart the prongs of the brad on the inside of the card.  The bees were buttons but I used a pair of sharp cutting pliers to remove the shank then a utility knife to smooth down the back.  I then adhered it to the card front with a Zot.  I added a dotted flight path with a black marker.  I made some kits with purple so I will post one of those after the class.

1 comment:

  1. Really loving the colour combinations on these cards!!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.