Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge - April - Punches

This month's challenge is punches. It could a shape, a border, a corner punch.

I got my Stampin Up! Chevron punch during Sale-a-bration and I wanted to use it for these cards.  It was a challenge. I measured 1 1/8" from the top right hand corner to align the points on the chevron.  One had to be marked on the front and the other on the back.  I punched the left once and then the top once and added 2 more holes. The white layer is pearl white with a hint of gold. I lined the back of the white layer with gold decorative paper.  I punched a star from the same paper.  I stamped the SU Prince of Peace large greeting with SU Night of Navy ink on white card stock.  It was cut with the matching SU Deco Label framelit.  I cut another from the gold decorative paper.  I trimmed the circle part of the die cut off going along the straight edge of the ends then cut it in half crosswise.  I then glued them offset from the left and right hand ends.  This greeting was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.