Thursday, May 8, 2014

60th Wedding Anniversary - Wow!

What a milestone!  My Mom and Dad will have been married 60 years in a few days.  We are having a celebration. I made this card for them.

It's the diamond anniversary so I chose a white on white theme. I started with a warm white card onto which I mounted a piece of pearl card stock with was embossed with the Cuttlebug Victorian embossing folder.  I trimmed it to leave a small border. I cut hearts with the Sizzix original red Hearts die from pearl card stock with a silver tone.  I left one plain and embossed the other with the Cuttlebug D'vine folder. I mounted them onto a rectangle of warm white card stock. This was adhered to the embossed layer.  I wrapped a piece of white seam binding around the whole piece and tied a knot on the front.  Trimmed the ends. I created the greeting by starting with one I found on line at Netty's Cards. I printed the greeting, placed a small circle in the centre and another larger one behind it.  This was all placed on a Stampin Up Scallop Circle. This was mounted to the card front with 3D foam tape.  I placed a large bling in the centre of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.