Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Grandmother's Paintings - Set 1

For the last year I have been photographing my grandmother's paintings for a calendar fundraiser. I have traveled the province and others from farther a field have provided digital files via drop box.  I collected 24 photos and choose 12 to put into a 2015 calendar with 8x10 pictures which can be framed once the year is over.  It was exciting to have people browse through the calendar and see what other work she had made.  She passed away quite a few years ago and some of her paintings were distributed at that time. She painted commissions as well and we don't know where those are have landed.  These are the first 6 months of the calendar. The next set tomorrow.

I've enjoyed the process and we have almost enough to do another calendar when we meet again in 3 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.