Thursday, October 23, 2014

R2G Christmas Card Stack Kit - Joy Star

Here's the second card in this kit.  I chose a purple diamond designer paper which could be used with a few shades of purple card stock.  I chose a deep purple card and matched it with pearl white card stock for the JOY layer.  I paired the copper metallic paper with a lighter card stock. The metallic layer was cut to the 4"x 5.25"inches then the JOY was punched with a Martha Stewart border punch. The punching was pretty easy because I punched the centre one first then just aligned the other two.  The stars are cut with a Sizzix star die with the largest in the metallic card stock and the smaller one in glitter card stock. The designer paper was cut to 3" x 4.75" and layered onto the metallic JOY layer. The metallic star was adhered directly to the designer paper and the glitter star was adhered with 3D foam tape making sure to align the horizontal rays.

Update: When I did the class with this kit the participants discovered that the sentiment insert I had included was portrait but the card was landscape.  As they worked on the other cards my brain was desperately trying to find a way to make the best of the situation.  Here's the solution:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.