Sunday, January 18, 2015

R2G Card Kits - Valentine - Antique Map Heart

I started with the antique map heart.  I used my Cricut with the Folk Art Festival cartridge to cut the solid heart at 3". with a 4" sheet on portrait I was able to cut 4 per 12 inches. I created a gate fold card from kraft card stock.  I scored from each end at 2 1/8".  When I folded the card I made sure I had a bit of a space left in the middle.  The antique map designer card stock is by Gartner - Bon Voyage - Map. It is double sided with solid red on the back.  I cut a .75 x 5.5" strip and adhered it to the back side of the left hand flap leaving at half showing which creates this thin red line when the right hand flap is in place.  I placed adhesive on only one half of the heart and adhered it to the left hand fold. I aligned the centre of the heart over the red line. I think it makes a classy simple card.  The fact that the right hand flap is sandwiched between the red strip and the heart keeps the card closed.  Works well!

Alternative: Turn the heart over and you have a red heart!  It works well on the kraft card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.