Thursday, June 25, 2015

Cards with my Decorative Paper

I'm working on creating cards with the stack of decorative paper I have made in the last little while.
On this card I used one of my alcohol ink backgrounds from this session.  I cut the decorative paper with the Memory Box Grand Happy Birthday die then mounted it on a piece of white card stock which was trimmed to leave a small border. This layer was then adhered to a pink card.  I added 3 deep pink sequins in the top right hand corner held in place with bling Zots.


This card has some of my bubble paper which tends to be softer in color. The paper was made in this session. I printed the greeting in a coordinating color then I die cut some leaves from it with Spellbinder Foliage thin dies.  They are individual dies so I could add a couple single leaves and place them as I wanted.   The white layer is trimmed to leave a small border of the decorative paper which was trimmed to leave a small border of the green card.


This teal card features a piece of decorative paper as a background to the white frame.  The frame was cut with the largest die from the My Favorite Things - DieNamics Stitched Frames set.  I used white card stock for the frame and the butterfly which was cut with the Sizzix Winged Beauties framelit set.  I added a bit of stamped stippling below the frame in case it is used with out a greeting. A greeting could be added if one chose.  On this card I used one of my alcohol ink backgrounds from this session.
I chose to make a more masculine looking card from decorative paper made with acrylic paint in various shades green and brown applied with a sponge over material to create texture such as a mesh bag.  I chose an ivory greeting layer into which I cut the word with the Stampin Up Little Letters framelits.  I cut this layer to highlight a generous frame of the decorative paper. This was then adhered to a brown card. 
This decorative paper is acrylic paint with paste paper technique.  I cut it down to leave a border of the blue card. I punched all 4 corner with a decorative corner punch. I cut a flower with the Cricut at and the Straight from the Nest cartridge from white card stock. I cut it at 4 inches.  I adhered the flower on the card front in such a way to leave some room on the right hand bottom for a greeting if a person chooses.
I started with a turquoise card onto which I stamped a Stampin Up Itty Bitty background with Island Indigo.  I cut the decorative paper with the SU Top Note die.  I tied a piece of white seam binding around the bottom half and knotted in the front.  I then created a focal element with silk green leaves, then a purple card stock flower cut with the SU Flower Fair framelits.  I curled the ends forward.  I added a large white silk flower, a medium silk flower then a white iridescence sequin which are all held in place with a tiny turquoise brad.


 These are a result of discussions on the weekend with my sister.  Here are her cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.