Friday, June 12, 2015

Stack of Teacups

I started with the designer paper from Creative Imaginations which is watercolor with calligraphy words on it.  The variations in color provides lots of card color options. I chose a light warm green. It's light and summery. I cut the piece of DP to leave a small border.  I used the Memory Box Tea Cup Stack.  I cut the first layer in a soft aqua glossy card stock.  Then I cut it again from a deep blue green card stock.  This time making sure I did not lose any of the confetti pieces so that I could put them back in the holes of the first one.  I put scotch tape on the back of the aqua one and then just placed the pieces back in. Once all done, I trimmed the extra tape away from the outside edges with scissors.  I color printed my sentiment on white card stock then trimmed it to 2 x 5.25 inches.  I punched slots in the top and bottom with the Stampin Up punch.  I ran a caramel seam binding through the slot to the inside of the card and back through the slots in the top.  Tied a knot and trimmed the ends.
Submitting to the following:
Come and Get It Challenges - Paper Piecing.
Coffee Loving Cardmakers - Summer Blog Hop.


20 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love that stacked teacup die cut! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that stack of teacups die! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how those cups pop off the background papers. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. Love the cups, and all of the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Sylvia, love the cup stack and the paper behind it! Have a wonderful Saturday, enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card I gonna have that die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sweet stack of tea cups. They're just so delicate and pretty. Your background paper choice was wonderful too, and the teacups' colors really compliment that. Great card. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, I LOVE those stacked tea cups!
    Thanks for linking up to the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card!

    Glad that you could join us for the challenge at Come And Get It…..hope to see you back soon!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ CAGI DT ~
    http://akstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great use of die cuts and just an adorable sentiment to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. darling card of stacked cups !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these die cut teacups and pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how sweet is that set of teacups! Love the soft colors of your wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How pretty! The stacked tea cup die looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.