Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Cards - Tab Closures

I made a couple of cards for my exchange group.  A Stampin Up Card Base Pop 'n Cuts XL die has come my way and I didn't know it created a card which closes with slits and tabs.  That was a super surprise. I've done some research and there are interesting projects to come.
For these cards I cut the double sided card stock with the card base then folded it in half.  For the blue one I used Make a Wish Dandelion paper from Pebblesinc.  I cut a SU Lattice Die in white and adhered it to the card front in the tall orientation.  I punched a couple of SU Five Petal Punchies in deep brown then 2 small white Five Petal punchies and adhered them onto the brown ones.  I added a bit of a centre with a marker.  These were mounted with 3D foam tape. I added a greeting in the bottom right hand corner with a SU Modern Label punchie in white stamped with a stamp from the Small Script Stamp Set. I punched a brown punchie same card stock as the flowers, cut it in two crosswise and offset them to the back of the greeting layer.  This layer was then adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

 This second card was cut with the same card base die.  I used this map card stock with a deep red on the back side.  I cut the Tim Holtz Camera Mover & Shaper from the same card stock but with the red in front.  I cut it twice and then layered some pieces from the second onto the first so I would have map accents on it.  I used a strip of white card stock which I put Distress Stain in Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs to help it coordinate with the card stock.  I then cut the sentiment with the Stampin Up Little Letters dies and adhered them onto the colored strip.  I ran the edges of the strip into the dauber of Gathered Twigs stain.  I adhered the strip to the card front. I wrapped the card front with several layers of kraft twine and knotted it on the front. I then adhered the camera to the left of the sentiment with 3D foam tape.  Note the card is being used in the reverse manner from the first one hence you only see the red tabs showing through the slits.  Very versatile die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.