Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fence Post - Get Well

I made this card for a friend who experienced a stroke recently.  I have looked a fences made with the SU Hardwood background but I don't have the stamp. I have hoarded a few sheets of wood 12x12s so I cut into one to make this card.
I color printed a hillside scene from CKLER onto vanilla card stock.  I adhered it to the a dark green card.  I cut the paper down to approximately 2.75" after determining that is where I wanted my fence.  I cut them .5" wide and used the SU Chevron punch to create the peaks on each plank.  I ran a green ink pad to match the card along all the edges.  I cut a longer strip for the cross piece.  I adhered these to the card front and trimmed the bottoms to the card edge.  I added an oval greeting which has been chalked.  The edges again have been rubbed with the same green ink pad.  I hope he is feeling better soon.

1 comment:

  1. My sympathy and best wishes for a full recovery for your friend, Sylvia. Your card will be cherished by her. You created a peaceful scene and did a brilliant job with the wood paper fence!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.