Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Majestic Tree

I created this card for someone celebrating a birthday this week.  I started with a Stampin Up Crumb Cake card stock piece.  I selected a piece of DSP from the Adventure Bound  Paper Stack and cut it to 3" square.  I stamped onto it a tree from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set in black. I added a layer of Basic Black card stock cut to 3.25" square.  I stamped the greeting from the Itty Bitty Banner stamp set in black on the same colored card stock. I then die cut it with the corresponding framelit.  I cut another one from black, cut it in half crosswise and adhered it to the back offset on both ends. I stamped a bit of washi tape from the Tape It stamp set in black on the card front before I adhered the tree layer.
I think I was too tentative with my stamping and they should have stuck out more but such is life.  I adhered the greeting to the card front below the tree layer with 3D foam tape.

Submitting this card to the following challenges:
CAS Colours & Sketches #134
City Crafters Challenge - Masculine Card

7 comments:

  1. Loving the simple monochromatic colour scheme and how you've used the CC&S sketch. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That classic image is one of my favorite tree stamps. It looks super here against the subtly patterned paper. It's a terrific masculine card, and I'm glad you've shared it with us at CC&S! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tree looks kind of majestic and is a gorgeous focal point. Love the monochromatic color scheme too. A great take on our theme. Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely man card- not too fancy, but made with care. So glad to have found you through City Crafter Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully detailed stamped image. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this last week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.