Thursday, July 2, 2015

Some More Cards from Decorative Paper

Some more cards from Decorative Paper I have made recently.  This is an alcohol ink background in reds, oranges and purples. 
I cut the greeting with Stampin Up Little Letters framelits from white card stock layer.  I then cut tropical flowers with the SU Flower Fair framelit set.  They remind me of hibiscus flowers.  I used the larger die to create the 2 holes in the white layer then cut the resulting positive shape with a smaller framelit.  I used a deep red marker with a fine nib to create a dot shadow around the hole.  Once the colored layer was adhered to the magenta purple card front, I adhered the white layer to the colored one.  I then adhered the 2nd white flowers in the center of the holes cut.


Another alcohol ink background. I sure love these vibrant colors.  I stamped the white layer with a SU Itty Bitty Background stamp in deep blue.  I cut the greeting with the Memory Box Grand Happy Birthday die from the decorative paper. I aligned the bottoms edges leaving a small border.  I cut the butterfly with the Sizzix Winged Beauties Thinlits set from the same paper. 

I cut the Acrylic Paint Decorative Paper with the Cricut and the Just Because Cards cartridge.  It was cut at 6".  It was adhered to the card front.  I tucked a color printed oval greeting in the lower crescent.  I layered several silk flowers starting with a large white with yellow ends, then a white medium then a blue purple one which repeats the colors in the DP.  I added some green silk leaves and held all these layers in place with a tiny white brad. 




This decorative paper was created with spritzing re-inker ink with a small mister spray bottle.  I selected two warm orange silk flowers, then a green handmade paper flower then then a white silk smaller flower all held in place with a blue mini brad.  I added a strip of coordinating strip of card stock across the bottom third of the card.  I then added a bright greeting coordinating with the colors in the DP.  I added a color printed oval greeting cut with the CM oval cutter.


This is the same decorative paper as the previous card. I cut it with the Sizzix Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet Card die.  This layer was adhered to a golden yellow card.  I layered a large silk flower, then 3 from the Sizzix Flower Layers and Leaves die in warm green and golden yellow. I selected a golden yellow mini brad and placed a white sequin then the card stock flowers then the silk then onto the card front.  I designed the greeting, color printed in black on vellum then clear embossed it.






This is a layer of Acrylic Paint decorative paper in blues and purples.  I cut a flower from vellum to match the greeting.  The white felt flower was cut with the SU Blossom Party original die as well as the purple slim petal one.  I added a tiny iridescent sequin onto a tiny white sequin then layered the flowers.  This was adhered to the card front once the decorative paper had been glued to the card front of a purple card.  I designed the greetings and printed them on vellum. I adhered the vellum greeting to the card front with vellum adhesive.  It was printed in black and clear embossed.  They look great!

These cards are a line of cards I've designed with unique  decorative paper I design regularly.  I've named the line Unique Cards. These are for sale in a gallery.  Check the tab at the top of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.