Sunday, September 13, 2015

25th Anniversary Wishing Well

I was asked to make a pretty box for a surprise 25th Wedding Anniversary celebration taking place soon. It's designed to hold monetary donations for the blessed couple.

I chose a box which I planned to cover and decorate.  I thought it needed some weight so I created a false bottom into which I added some heavy material.  The false bottom was hot glued into the bottom of the box.  I then wrapped the box with silver gift wrap.  First the bottom then the top.  Where the papers joined I added 2 lengths of brown silver edged ribbon held in place with double sided tape.  I created a large bow with silver ribbon and adhered that to the front of the box.  It is held in place with Zots.  To the hole in the top I added some silver tape to make the edges smooth.  I added a die cut Stampin Up Top Note in Chocolate Chip card stock.  I cut out the shape of the hole with an E-xacto knife then adhered the die cut onto the top of the box.  I added 2 SU Sweetheart punchies from the adhesive tape on both corners.  I will be placing it on a glass platter with a white paper doily to set off the box.  I'm happy with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.