Thursday, October 15, 2015

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 2 - A Love Story

Today, we are making Christmas cards as the activity for our lesson to show love to those we care about.  

I needed a design for ladies who are not card makers and could be made in 30 minutes or so.  I have stamped the Stampin Up Holy Family from the Gentle Peace polymer set onto vellum and embossed it.  Half with silver powder and other half in gold powder.  We will be making 4 cards - 2 of each design.  I selected water color designer paper by Creative Imaginations - Sea Wash and Blue Wash.  I paired them with coordinating card stock in green and blue.  I have included an insert with the coordinating sentiment from the stamp set.  The vellum is trimmed close and held in place with 3 brads, a star one for the top and to tiny ones for each bottom corner. 
This week the lesson focus is Life Begins with a Love Story. We were created by a huddle of holy hearts.  Go to the window, the front door, the backyard, the park, the highest hill be awed by God's creation, you were made by love, for love and watch it come down. 
I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 7 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week.
It's time to start thinking of our Christmas Card List.  As you can imagine I would highly recommend paper cards but I recognize that it may not be right for everyone.  We want to show our love to others so it is better that they receive the love than it be handmade.  Maybe it’s a family photo, a postcard, a digital card sent by email, or a newsletter. Other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.