Thursday, October 29, 2015

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 4 - When All the Miracles Begin


























Our activity for the next 2 weeks is creating an Advent Calendar.  I found a wide variety during my on-line research.  I chose a garland type calendar with a scripture reading for every day.

I cut the envelopes with the Stampin Up Petal Card Bigz die. For this calendar, I chose navy card stock. The bottom three petals of the envelope were adhered together with quick dry adhesive leaving the top petal to hang the envelope.  A hole was added to the top petal and a piece of coordinating thread was pulled through and a knot was added to the end. Each envelope holds a small sheet with the day's scripture verse and also a small sheet is included to write down the day's activity.  I found the set of scripture readings here (A Girl and Her Blog).  I punched a SUcircle in gold and color printed the numbers to match the navy and burgundy colors I chose.  Again, they were adhered to the other side of the envelope with quick dry adhesive.  I ran a length of white grosgrain ribbon through the burgundy felt garland to add strength and interest. White buttons were sewn in the middle of the circle elements in the felt making sure that the ribbon was attached.  The envelopes are then hung onto each button.  This allows you to take down the envelope to the family, have your time of sharing and then return it to the garland.  For children to track the progress the number can be turned to the back each day so they know which date in December is next.

This week the lesson focus is When all the Miracles Begin. It's the story of Elizabeth and Zechariah.   We don't have to work for the coming of the Lord. He will prepare our hearts for His coming.  You don't have to work for Christmas, you don't have to earn Christmas, you don't have to perform Christmas, you don't have to make Christmas. Just open your hear to the miracle. 

I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 7 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.