Monday, October 26, 2015

Mosaic Monday - Weekend Treasures
































My niece was up for the weekend and there was a large rummage sale on so we hopped into the car and headed out.  Wow!  The prices were very good.  These treasures are from several stops along the way this weekend which included the rummage sale, the re-use center and the thrift store.  The souvenir spoon from Tahiti I'm hoping to turn into at necklace, I love the beautiful texture on the back of the bowl.  The tiny wood books were just too cool to leave, they may end up on a canvas collage.  The pen is heavy, of good quality and made in Germany by Elysee, my plan is to use it as prop in still life photography.  The bud vase is vintage and absolutely gorgeous. I added the bit of rose colored seam binding I found along the way. It is photographed on the 2 navy blue placements I found which will work for my winter decor. The aroma therapy pendant is something I have looked at many times but they are very pricey, this one was not.  I love the colors in the glass.  Yellow striped potholder will fit into the kitchen perfectly.
I am submitting to Mosaic Monday hosted by Judith at Lavender Cottage.

I picked up this stained glass angel for song at the Rummage Sale.  It is quite large and will join the other stained glass pieces in the living room window so I can see it every day with the sunlight streaming through it. I know it has a little crack but don't we all have our imperfections and that is okay. 

4 comments:

  1. Hello, wonderful finds and treasures. I really love the texture on the spoon! And the stained glass angel is pretty. Happy Monday, enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful collage of very interesting items and a very sweet angel - wonderful soft colours.
    Have a lovely week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some lovely treasures. My favourite is the stained glass angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You purchased some interesting and useful item Sylvia. I look at the wooden blocks and see the holders used for flower show classifications.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.