Thursday, November 12, 2015

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 6 - God With Us

This week the lesson focus is God With Us - It's the story of Joseph.
This week we make a twig ornament because every Christmas tree is shadowed by a Cross tree.  I collected the twigs this summer on my walks in the park.  I applied a bit of hot glue to tack down the cross piece then tied the join with red string in a crisscross pattern.   Once tied off at the back I applied a bit of hot glue along the back of the back piece to keep the string aligned and make the ornament hang straight.  I added a nice scroll ornament hanger.
Joseph is given the privilege of naming the Baby.  The angel says you will name Him - Jesus - the Lord Saves - God is With Us. The God who loves us and likes us and isn't merely 50% or 73.2% for us, but the God who is always, unequivocally, 100% for us - the God who likes us, the God who is so for us that He is the God that chooses to be with us.

I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 7 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.