Sunday, November 1, 2015

Christmas Card Challenge - Nov - Wreath - Folding - Fiber

Welcome to my monthly Christmas Card Challenge.  This challenge ensures that I have cards to address December 1st.
The challenge was Wreath, Folding, Fiber this month.  Here's how I brought these together.  I chose the Stampin Up Wonderful Wreath stamp.  I made it Real Red on white card stock. It is 3" square so I trimmed it leaving a small border.  I found a 3.25 inch piece of dark green card stock to back it.  I added a seam binding ribbon bow.  The ribbon was not as soft as I was expecting so I changed my plan. I overlapped a length over itself 3 times. I then tied it in the middle with thread and pulled the ends down and trimmed them.  The bow is held in place with Zots.  I chose a Real Red card which I scored in the center then again in half on the front piece.  The half was folded back to the side fold. I placed the greeting from the Joyful Christmas stamp set in the bottom right hand corner of a piece of white card stock.  I trimmed it to leave a red border all the way around.  This layer will serve as my insert as well where I can write my message.  I mounted the wreath to the left and top to balance the greeting.  I managed all three elements. Really happy with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.