Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Christmas Card Challenge - Jan - Gold / Star

This is my first Christmas card in 2016.  I run a challenge on this blog every month to get my Christmas cards made by December 1st.  January's challenge is Gold / Star.  I started with a deep red card.  I mounted a piece of designer paper by Carta Bella - Christmas Time by Carina Gardner - Christmas Tags, this is the back side.  I color printed my red greetings onto vellum and clear embossed them.  I ripped the top and bottom edges.  There was not enough contrast against the green patterned paper so I added a strip of white card stock between the designer paper and the vellum.  Both were trimmed to the edge of the designer paper.  I cut the star from gold glitter paper with the Sizzix Star & Starburst die.  I mounted it to the left of the greeting with 3D foam tape.

Please join me making Christmas cards every month.  You can find the themes for each month here.  If you make cards leave me a comment with a link to your cards and I will check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.