Monday, January 25, 2016

Mosaic Monday - Tea, Stills & Exercise

Today when I opened my treat box there was still a couple pieces of chocolate!!! Hard to believe but true.

I got the table ready for a cup of tea but I am just getting around to it very late in the day.

This wood stand is something my Dad made on a lathe years ago.  I was really happy to see that my cake stand top fits over it nicely.  I placed doily between the two and added a yellow candle on top.  The wood stand has great color and various woods.  I'm trying to work out how best to see it's beauty.

I have returned to my exercise after being sidetracked with bronchitis a couple of weeks ago.  To quote one of the senior ladies in my card class today. "Use it or lose it." Her comment on how some seniors in her residence prefer to just sit around and not do much.  She is in her eighties and she cuts an d glues with the best of us.

Submitting to Mosaic Monday hosted by Judith at Lavender Cottage.

5 comments:

  1. I like how you make a special afternoon tea ceremony for yourself too Sylvia. So true about keeping active and I've always exercised, adding yoga over the last few years that helps with balance.
    There is a gal that holds crops in the town north of us, her info popped up on my FB of all places and I've already participated in one and have signed up for one in March. Most of us make cards but a few are working on scrapbooking and what a wonderful day it is of sharing our ideas and equipment. For $45 we get a 6 foot table, breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks - seems like we're always eating. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore that wood stand and so special made by your father.

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice surprise to find a treat! I think it's great to keep fit but also allow yourself a treat now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful table your father made!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.