Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Stampin Up Sale-a-bration Party

I had scheduled a Sale-a-bration Party for this evening.  Unfortunately, no one decided to attend so I cancelled it on Sunday.  Very disappointing but life is like that at times.

I called my demo, Gail and we agreed that we had this appointment on our calendars and we would honour it.  She came with the Mini Treat Framelits and we made a couple of samples.  She saw that I had ordered the Sunburst Thinlit Die and she had it so she brought it along to surprise me.  That was great!!

Here's the samples we made this afternoon.
This treat bag was made with vellum and we used mini glue dots to hold it together.  She brought the Rose Wonder stamp set and the Rose Garden Framelit set. We replaced one of the cutting plates with the Precision Base Plate in the Big Shot.  With that sandwich we cut the smaller rose from Cherry Cobbler card stock. We used the Big Shot Die Brush to release the die cut from the thinlit.  We got a very good cut.  We created a card to go inside which measures 3.5 x 5 inches folded.  We glued the rose in the bottom left hand corner with Fine Tip Glue Pen.  I stamped the frame and the greeting in Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White.  Then cut it with the corresponding framelit from the set.  It was adhered to the card from with Dimensionals.  I added some some shine to the rose with the Gold Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.  We applied some to the heart which we cut out of the lower treat bag. This photo does not do it justice.  It is very effective and easy to apply evenly. 

We used Real Red Envelope Paper for the bag.  We then used the heart framelit from the set to make a hole in the from of the bag before we assembled it.  We assembled it Multi Purpose Liquid Glue. I used a piece of non SU design paper which did not match the best but it gives me a sample. We created a card to go inside which measures 3.5 x 5 inches folded. Having placed the white card inside I was able to align my patterned paper heart very nicely. It was done with the Sweetheart Punch.  Isn't it nice when products are designed to work with each other.  We cut the bow, the word Enjoy from the same patterned paper and the banner from white with the other framelits in the set.
This is the third card we made with the Sunburst Thinlit.  It cuts all the rays for you.  We used on of the sheets from the Cherry on Top DSP 6" pad. The die is larger than the A2 card so once it is adhered to the card front you just trim off the rays to the card edge.  Quick and easy!!  We adhered the Crushed Curry yellow die cut to a Whisper White A2 card. We selected the greeting from the Sunburst Saying stamp set in Basic Black.  Placing the greeting is very easy.  There are so many possibilities for the greeting on this die.  It can be round, a heart, or a label.  It can be layered or not.  The accent can be adhered with 3D foam tape.
We enjoyed a cup of tea and a good visit following our card making.   Thanks Gail for going the extra mile.  I appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. With all of the hobbies I have enjoyed over the years, I have never made cards. Yours are works of art!
    Enjoyed visiting, and I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.