Sunday, March 6, 2016

St. Patrick's Day HB

I made this card for a friend who have an aunt who celebrates her birthday on St. Patrick's Day. 

I started with an olive card and found a piece of damask designer paper in a color that matched well.  I cut that layer to leave a small border.  I then punched my 4 hearts with the Stampin Up Sweetheart punch to create the four leaf clover.  With that I designed the greeting layer, color printed in Always Artichoke it on vellum, embossed it with clear and trimmed it near the border.  I adhered the 4 hearts onto the vellum aligning them with the stem. Then I placed adhesive again only behind the hearts and placed it onto the damask designer paper.  I wrapped a piece of white seam binding around this layer and tied a knot in the front. Trimmed the ends and adhered it to the card front.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely B'day card you created for someone born on St. Pat's Day... is her name Patty too? It's an elegant card as well. Very talented, you are.
    Thank you for dropping by, I so appreciate it.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabby, Thanks. I believe her name is Kay. Sylvia D.

      Delete
  2. I like the card very much. The color of green is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting Sylvia and leaving a comment on my post today. Lavender Cottage' Mosaic Monday is such a sweet party to visit and join in. Your cards are wonderful, Paper Art indeed.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.