Monday, June 13, 2016

Doily Birthday Card

This is a card for my sister for her birthday.  I have delivered her gift already.

I chose card stock from the collection that Paper Garden provided for the Mother's Day Challenge.  This one is Stardream Aquamarine because her favorite color is green.  I placed a 5.5" white paper doily on the front of the landscape wide card and folded the rest to the back. I tacked it down with dry adhesive tape runner.  I placed the scallop circle greeting in the center of the doily and added 2 handmade paper flowers in the center. They are held in place with an iridescent flower sequin and a pink tiny brad.  I added a piece of pink seam binding across the bottom third of the card to repeat the pink color.  I placed 3 iridescent flower sequins along the ribbon centered on the card.  They are held in place tiny pink brads.

I gave her clear acrylic napkin rings that look like cut glass crystal.  I have been looking for a long time for something that would work. I photographed them with my dishes which are very vibrant but hers are white, pale gray and a hint of blue so these will work very well with the set.  The napkins have a square offset shiny matte pattern, which again will go well for those times when she is having friends or family in for dinner.

Happy Birthday!!

I had supper with her and her husband on June 3 and we enjoyed great Korean food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.