Monday, June 6, 2016

House Cards

I created these cards for a monthly card exchange group.
I had cut a couple when I made this card so I chose to use the second one here.   The front layer was cut from white cardstock with the Folk Art Festival cartridge and the Cricut.  I cut the shadow from royal blue card stock.  I then layered a piece of red behind the heart and yellow behind the windows.  I created a hill with some green card stock which I just cut free hand.  I punched the sun from yellow using a circle punch and placing only a corner of the piece in the punch.  It needed something and I considered spattering but could not decide on a color so I chose pencil crayons instead.  I added some depth to the green hill and pulled some grass growing from it.  I created subtle clouds in the sky with grey and blue.  Pulled some sun rays from the yellow sun in the corner.  I added a bird in the sky with a black fine tip marker.

For this card I had printed this crooked house clip art which is available for free on several websites. I colored it digitally then printed it. I fussy cut around the edge leaving a narrow white border.  I create a grass layer with some ripped card stock which I glued down and trimmed to the card edge. I punched a sin with a circle punch and adhered it in the top left hand corner.  I created a sidewalk to the front door with a piece of white card stock cut by hand.  I adhered the house over the sidewalk. I pulled out the pencil crayons and added some depth.  Yellow sun rays from the sun, smoke from the chimney in grey, cloud was grey and blue, green grass growing up and a subtle image of a tree on the right hand side with green and brown. The embellished white layer was adhered to a navy card base which matched the house roof.

These cards are headed to their new homes today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.