Saturday, July 16, 2016

Decorative Set - Set 1

This sunburst layer was cut from decorative paper made with technique using Alcohol Inks and Floor Wax.  My mixing of colors had created some muddy colors so it was a challenge to decide which color to highlight.  I tried warm pink, kelly green, yellow cards and finally settled for this warm green card.  I cut the decorative layer with the Stampin Up Sunburst Thinlit.  I adhered it to the card front then trimmed the rays to the card edge.  I added several Prima Flowers as an accent held in place with a gold flower sequin on a gold tiny brad. I added a greeting with the SU Decorative Label punchie and a SU Word Window greeting.  These were adhered together then glued to the card with 3D foam tape.



You can check out my other cards made with this great die by following this link.


On this card I used decorative paper made by spritzing color from a spray bottle through stencils and other materials to create decorative patterns.   This piece includes yellows, greend and blues.  I chose a pale blue textured card onto which I adhered the decorative paper.  I then spread a piece of metallic ribbon across the bottom third of the card and taped the ends to the inside of the card.  I layered several Prima flowers with other silks and held them all in place with a tiny gold star brad.  Great any reason card.

This card features a clear embossed color printed greeting in bold red letters on vellum.
Once printed I decided to create a custom background. I trimmed a piece of photo paper to leave a small border then applied Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Stain to the center and Walnut Stain to the edges.  I made sure to touch the cut edge of the paper was well.  This leaves the sentiment very visible against the background with a great dark brown border on the red card.
I chose a red card to repeat the color in the greeting.
The background was adhered to the card then the vellum was held in place with tiny gold star brads in the corners and other areas.  This makes a great card for a guy's birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.